Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1328 Trying to install Simulation Mechanical 2015 Service Pack 1

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
magustin
714 Views, 2 Replies

Error 1328 Trying to install Simulation Mechanical 2015 Service Pack 1

Hello,

I'm trying to install simulation Mechanical 2015 Service Pack 1 and I always obtain "Error 1328 because the file C:\Config.MSI\PT8B2.tmp has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch..."

After search for this file in the specified directory and in whole disk(s) I conclude that this file don't exists in my computer.

The installation is alwais aborted after accept this error.

I've tryed few times in the same and other computers and always the same error and behavior.

Computers had Inventor 2015 and Simulation Mechanical 2015 Installed in a Windows 8.1 environment.

Any idea about how to solve or workaround this error?

Thanks a lot!

Miguel Ángel Agustín

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Miguel,

I can't say I've seen that error pop up before for Simulation Mechanical. You mentioned that you are trying to install SP1 for Sim Mech 2015, do you actually mean you are trying to install Simulation Mechanical 2015 R1, the latest version of Sim Mech? R1 is a standalone version, because of the amount of changes and enhancements in the update it is not applied as a service pack, rather it is requires an uninstall of any current version of Sim Mech 2015 on the machine before installing R1.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 3

Hi Andrew,

You are in the correct way.

Besides it doesn't show it in the about window, it is the R1 release.

I confirmed it by the downloaded file name.

Thanks a lot!

Miguel A. Agustín

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report