Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble modeling baffles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mtrujil1
650 Views, 5 Replies

Trouble modeling baffles

Baffle Lines.pngBaffle Lines.pngBaffle Lines.png

Hello Moldflow User

i have one question about how can determine the baffle lenght, i received the data from the tool maker, and i want export the lines to moldflow, but i dont know which lenght will be necessary nexport to moldflow to draw a baffle. please see the image attached.

Dimension A or B????

Regards

Baffle Lines.png

Baffle Lines.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kameshg
in reply to: mtrujil1

HI,

i feel dimension B is length of your baffle, whereas dimension A is the length of your blade, Some software allows you to define the the distance (A-B), but for modelling in moldflow, Dimension B is to considered because that is the farthest distance travelled by water from the cooling channel, and close to the part wall.

regards,

kamesh

Message 3 of 6
mtrujil1
in reply to: kameshg

Hi Kameshg, my doubt is because into Autodesk portal mention something about the distance bettwen the floor of the channel and the face of the blade, please see the image.

Autodesk Portal.png

Message 4 of 6
mtrujil1

Message 5 of 6
kameshg

hi,

you are correct, the 1/2 d is the distance from the base of the blade to the tip of baffle, what i presume is the software calculates the 1/2 d based on your dia , so if you capturelength till the circulaar section and ignore the smal cone tip it should be fine.

regards,

kamesh

Message 6 of 6
madhukeshwart

As per Simulation settings and cooling channel guidelines

1. Use Dimension A. 

2.  Check difference of B from A = should be 1/2 D( D=baffle diameter).

3. If difference is more than 1/2 D, Just Ignore as coolant flow will be stagnant.

4. If Possible Try to simulate 3D cooling channel option to visualise 

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report