Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Injection Compression Molding Part setup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
saurabh.essilor
507 Views, 2 Replies

Injection Compression Molding Part setup

Hello, 

I am attempting an injection compression simulation however I am not 100% clear how to perform this.  I watched the webinar on injection compression however I do not understand if I set my entire part to a compressible element or do I have to bring in a mold?

I am going to try making my entire final part the compressible element and we will see. 

Any step by step help would be greatly appreciated. 

Nate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello payninater,

For an injection molding analysis, you do not need to create the mold, but will need to set your part as a compression surface (as you suggested). The feed system should then be assigned as Part (3D) for the solvers to recognize it. A very good demonstration of this can be seen in an Autodesk universities presentation from last year. One of the presenters, Towfiq Gangjee, demonstrated how to set up the analysis, and ran through it. 

AU Presentation: Simulation of Injection Compression and Compression Molding

• Demo begins at timestamp 0:30:00. 
  • Note: you will need to log into your Autodesk account to be able to view this presentation. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and I'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

-Kristen

Kristen Kilroy

Dear Mrs. Kilroy,

I am also trying to setup an a thermoplastic  injection-compression simualtion. There are no example references to be found on this.

The link you posted results with error 404 even if i am signed in with autodesk account.

Is there any other resource for the setup of TICM ? 

Could someone post a video of the setup.

Thank you

Everyday is a good day for science !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report