Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermediate anchorage

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JaouadAutocad
371 Views, 4 Replies

Intermediate anchorage

I wanna model a cable stucture with three columns as anchorages, that's ok, but I'm not sure that it corresponds to reality, when a koad is applied to one span, the slack from the other span should be pulled into the span where the load is applied through the intermediate anchorage (see the photo), when I tried with two cables I'm having the results but I doubt it's physically okey, especially the the effort on the intermediate node isn't the same as we consider it a part of the cable 1 or the cable 2. And when I try with a single cable, I'm having troubles pinning it to the column, and having an error message "the structure is disjoint". Any help? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Like that?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. Isn't that a slide link? I've two questions.
1) Couldn't be done by the option "rigid link" too? (using 7 and 4 as slave and master nodes?)
2) The contact is ponctual, why are Rx, Ry and Rz chosen to be compatible too? (Anyway, I tried to liberate them but it didn't seem to work)
Cheers.

Message 4 of 5

Thank you. Isn't that a slide link?

Correct.

I've two questions.
1) Couldn't be done by the option "rigid link" too? (using 7 and 4 as slave and master nodes?)

Yes, it could.

2) The contact is ponctual, why are Rx, Ry and Rz chosen to be compatible too? (Anyway, I tried to liberate them but it didn't seem to work)

Because a cable element doesn't transfer bending or torsion. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

That has been of a very valuable help for me, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report