Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 7
janis_mr
463 Views, 6 Replies

Liner supports

Hi,

Couple of questions regarding results for linear supports.

1. Robot is showing value marks only in some random places (see image)

is it possible tu manually add value marks? (otherways i can only guess what they are)Reactions.jpg

2. I'm using automatic code combinations. What is the difference between ULS+ and ULS-?

Diagrams and values seems identical (seems that robot shows both min and max values not matter if ULS+ or ULS- is selected)

3. Where the values for ULS comes from? For example for ULS+ its clear - i can found load cases and factors that are used in the reaction tables,

but in case of ULS its not clear.

4. Why its not possible to view Average and Integral values for ULS+ and ULS-? they are only aivailable for ULS.

Thanks in advance..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7
janis_mr
in reply to: janis_mr

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
janis_mr

Hi,

I'm trying to get reaction diagrams for the linear supports under wall panels.

Digrams itself looks ok but there is a couple problem with a value marks (diagram description),

1. Value marks are addes quite randomly here and there and missing in many places where i would like to see them.

Is there an option to manualy add a value?

2. Its not possible to move marks. They just appears automaticly at some place and diagram looks like a mess..

3. When ULS from automatic code combinations is selected it shows two diagrams (for upper and lower values as i understand)

But the values are added only for one of them-  some cases upper value are shown and some lower but never both of them at the same    

point.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Best Regards

J

Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

1. Robot is showing value marks only in some random places (see image)

is it possible tu manually add value marks? 

No

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

2. I'm using automatic code combinations. What is the difference between ULS+ and ULS-?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-C121208E-BE49-4D25-8C0D-D526B9B3F6DC

Diagrams and values seems identical (seems that robot shows both min and max values not matter if ULS+ or ULS- is selected)

For bars \diagrams - yes ; for maps - no (top vs bottom evelope maps separately displayed )

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

3. Where the values for ULS comes from? For example for ULS+ its clear - i can found load cases and factors that are used in the reaction tables,

but in case of ULS its not clear.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-C121208E-BE49-4D25-8C0D-D526B9B3F6DC

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/selecting-particular-uls-case-from-envelop-r...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

4. Why its not possible to view Average and Integral values for ULS+ and ULS-? 

Because these are envelope cases.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report