Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Volumetric Model Results

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FilRib
355 Views, 4 Replies

Strange Volumetric Model Results

Hi,

I'm trying to make a volumetric model of a building wall, and i'm getting weird results that i will try to explain:

This is the model:

Vertical reactions for self weight:

The wall is symmetrical about the axis x so i think the vertical reactions should be symmetrical too.

In the following image its represented the tensions along zz, which i think should be also symmetrical:

What am i missing here?

Please find the model attached.

Thanks in advance!

FR

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
t.sautierr
in reply to: FilRib

Happy? Make your mesh more regular first. For the point at 64.79, I don't know yet...

2014-10-31_2344.png

Message 3 of 5
FilRib
in reply to: t.sautierr

Not happy 🙂

My mesh is totally symmetrcial along the x axis, so i was expecting that the reactions were symmetrical too.

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: FilRib

What I hope may cause you to feel better is deleting the bar elements which you defined on one side of a wall only Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
FilRib
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

It actually solved the problem, but instead of deleting them, i had to copy them to the other side. If i delete them, i cant distribute the load applied in the claddings.

Thanks Artur!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report