Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel member verification - SLS limit state

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
solidmedia
533 Views, 7 Replies

Steel member verification - SLS limit state

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug/error or has been done on purpose. When you run a member verification, code group verification or code group design for the SLS Limit state, in the results summary page does not show the governing design case correctly.

In my example attached it reports that L/360 deflection is critical, when it is clearly the L/250 deflection (as seen in the member results window).

Is there any explanation as to why this is happening? It is a bit misleading. 

Many thanks!

sls governing loadcase.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Could you attach the file please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Hi solidmedia,

are you sure about deflection limit definition in your model?

If you run the sls check for bars and not for group what happen?

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 4 of 8

Model attached - Robot 2015 SP3.

It is a very simple model, just trying to get an understanding on how steel design works in the program before I apply it to a 1 ha roof. 

Message 5 of 8

Stefano, running a sls check on the bars and not the group reports the same thing.
Message 6 of 8
ByrnePM
in reply to: solidmedia

Hi all,

Has this Issue been resolved, I am currently experiencing the same problem??

Eoin

Message 7 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ByrnePM

Our development team has tentatively scheduled to deliver a fix in the next Service Pack, available in approximately in approx. 2 months.

Please note: Our quality assurance teams may need to reschedule some fixes. Please rely on the above timeline information as a guideline only and not a guarantee. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8
ByrnePM
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Has anyone got a suggestion of how to display a simple table output for the SLS design verification i.e. Design ratios etc... seeing as the table automatically produced in Robot is incorrect (see above thread) and therefore useless in an output calculation?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report