Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Mirko.Jurcevic
253 Views, 5 Replies

two strange bugs

Hi,

today I've discovered two strange bugs in my model.

First of all, if I type for panel thickness name something with a dot, it gives me an error "no material" and panel thickness cannot be displayed.

For example: "Z.20cm" name doesn't work correctly.

Second, I am attaching my model where I've got rounded mesh around my wall with mesh on that wall itself. Why, I don't know. All I did was that I pushed "Mesh generation" magic wand.

Regards,

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Mirko,

For the Round panel

There´s a panel ,nr 50 , with this wrong contour.

Panel 50.jpg

For the thickness name , I created the Z.20cm thickness and assigned all the panels with it. No problems here.

I didn´t understand why " kinematic constraints" was ON and also that large opening with th same size of the horizontal slab. This model came from Revit?

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

First of all, if I type for panel thickness name something with a dot, it gives me an error "no material" and panel thickness cannot be displayed.

For example: "Z.20cm" name doesn't work correctly.

I see this:

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 6

Actually, after some testing, dot is not the problem.

Problem is in changing the name of panel thickness.

Look what happens, panels are loosing thickness (they remain asociated with unexisting thickness): http://screencast.com/t/pybBCT0q

Is this normal behaviour?

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 5 of 6

Thank you guy for cheking out my model.

" For the thickness name , I created the Z.20cm thickness and assigned all the panels with it. No problems here.

I didn´t understand why " kinematic constraints" was ON and also that large opening with th same size of the horizontal slab. This model came from Revit? "

It's a student model from today's education. It didn't came from Revit.

Yes, that's the problem, I didn't notice that extra panel n.50 (obviously wrong). Great job, thanks!  🙂

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 6 of 6

Look what happens, panels are loosing thickness (they remain asociated with unexisting thickness): http://screencast.com/t/pybBCT0q

Is this normal behaviour?

Do not make it this way.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report