Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get reinforcemnet values

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nsb2312
316 Views, 4 Replies

How to get reinforcemnet values

hey there, does anyone can help me please... IAs you can seen on the attachment file i have that wall and when i selected the thicknesson reinforcement  i chose rc wall,  so this is my first question if i chose well/poorly?

Second question is now how can i get the reinforcement values? i know its in desing but have no idea what to do.

i appreciate any help, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dimogrec
in reply to: nsb2312

If you want to define a wall I would suggest you to apply a linear support on the (bottom) edge of the wall and not nodal supports as it's shown in the picture you attached.

If you are working with Eurocodes you can't design a wall with Robot so no reinforcement for walls, as far as I know!! Maybe one day Autodesk will include this option 🙂

Message 3 of 5
nsb2312
in reply to: dimogrec

the thing is i have to use this type of supports. Isnt there an option to get an reinforcement area?

Message 4 of 5
dimogrec

In my opinion with the supports you are planing to use, your structure looks more like a beam than a wall...

For the reinforcement area wait to get an answer from the product supporting team.

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

@nsb2312 wrote:

the thing is i have to use this type of supports. Isnt there an option to get an reinforcement area?

Within the options available in the current version of Robot you can:

- calculate reinforcement manually based on calculated stress / in-plane forces distribution

- use RC Slab Required Reinforcement module and calculate required area of reinforcement for tension/compression mode of calculations (but mind that the calculations are done as for a wall rather than a deep beam)

- Use RC Deep Beam Design module according either to French BAEL or Polish PN code.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report