Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing twisting stiffness in concrete slabs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jummybear
605 Views, 2 Replies

Reducing twisting stiffness in concrete slabs

Is it possible to do that? I want to look on Mxx and Myy bending moments results on my slab after reducing twisting stiffness to 50% 10% and 0 but i cant find the exact place to modify it. Any help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: Jummybear

Hi

Is it possible to do that? I want to look on Mxx and Myy bending moments results on my slab after reducing twisting stiffness to 50% 10% and 0 but i cant find the exact place to modify it. Any help will be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Jummybear
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Thanks for reply. I also found that place and was trying to "play" with that coefficient k12 but i get very strange results.

1. Firstly, i was trying to put 0.1 insted of 1.0. I get smaller Mxy moments and bigger Mxx and Myy moments as I was expected but reduction of Mxy was only about 10% and increasing of Mxx and Myy also ~10%. I thought that relative value should be more than 10%.

2. Secondly, I cant put coefficient 0, Robot dont allow to do it. I also tried 0.01, 0.001 and so on but it had no infleunce to Mxy and Mxx and Myy as well.

Thats why i am asking as i am doing something wrong or not. I can try by yourself by putting coef k12 0.001 or whatever small number you want and you still have Mxy moments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report