Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
344 Views, 8 Replies

Reinf. shape

pic ....jpg

Why there's just one shape of reinforcement ?? if there's many shapes how i can get them ?

thanks in advance

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Structural Design Engineer
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

The shapes are limited to the ones which capacity (anchorage) Robot is able of check. What shapes would you like to use?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

sometimes i want to change the reinforcement shape to conformity the detailing requirements , but robot choose one shape and i can't change the shape ?? i version 2010 , 2013 there was adifferent shapes of reinf. why in version 2014 just one shape !! this's not only in main bars but also in stirrups

The shapes are limited to the ones which capacity (anchorage) ؟؟ what do you mean ?

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 4 of 9

Program can calculate anchorage capacity of a main bar that is straight (with additional hook) as on the left hand side of a beam but is not capable of doing so for 'additional' bent segment of bar as on the right hand side. This is the reason that e.g. for EC2 the supported bar code shape is 00 rather than 21.

rebar.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

anchorage.jpg

i tried to design beam just an example .. look at this anchorage ?? this completely wrong

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 6 of 9

What is the support width and what is the bar anchorage length you expect to be sufficient enough?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9

i know what you mean .. support width 40 cm .. i tried to increase the width to 50 cm but the problem still existing , but when i increase the width to 55 cm the hook decrese from 54 cm to 6 cm in the vertical position !!
 that's in design is really strange ! how is 5 cm increse in width decease the hook from 54 to 6 ??

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 8 of 9

Attach the file with this beam.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 9

This's the file ,, i tried to use robot 2013 .. but the same problem .. 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums