Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calcul ELS / Calculation ULS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
fakou06
997 Views, 9 Replies

Calcul ELS / Calculation ULS

Bonjour j'ai un petit problème lors de mon dimensionnement barres acier, je remarque que les calculs à l'ELS ne me donnent aucun résultat.

Quelqu'un a une solution à ce problème ?

Hello, I have a little problem when I design steel bars, I noticed that the calculations ULS don't give me results.

Anyone to help me ?

FF
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: fakou06

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
fakou06
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Sorry I want to say Robot doesn't want to calculate my SLS combinaisions

Why ?

Maybe because the type is SimpleBar ? 

I saw if I change with Column or Beam it will calcultate.

Is there something to change ?

FF
Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Maybe because the type is SimpleBar ? 

This type hasn't got the SLS limits defined. 

SLS limits2.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
fakou06
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

How can I definite it ? for a bar .

FF
Message 6 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

It is shown on Artur's screen captures.
Then save it under new name and assign to bars.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10
fakou06

yes I know this

But When I do it 

I really don't have same ratios

For example, I change my combinations SLS to ULS.

And then I obtaine for my "SLS", maximum ratios = 0.27

I thought if I add a condition on bars and change the name of bar by bar2

It will give me the same ratios but really depend on which conditions I choose

For a condition on displacement of nodes, I have a maximum ratio = 0.49

Where is the link ?

For a condition ON FINAL DEFLECTION OR DEFELCTION FROM LIVE LOADS, my max ratios are 0.04

Someone have a solution to explain me

FF
Message 8 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

I am afraid to do not understand you clearly but ULS design is performed on ULS combinations, SLS on SLS combinations.

Program recognizes combination types.

If it is not the case please explain and send us example.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10
fakou06

Ok It will be very easy

1st CaseSLS1

First I create SLS combination : and all members are BAR, so no results when i want to see Verification design.

2nd CaseULS1

Second I tried to convert SLS to ULS but I don't change my combinations, i have results at Verification design and max ratio is 0.19

For my combinations  14to20By2 23 24to30By2  max = 0.19 Second file ULS (my ULS are my SLS but i just changed my combination type)

For my combinations 14to20By2 23 24to30By2 no results at design steel members SLS

Third I want to know how to stay SLS and found the same ratio than my second file ?

You said to change BAR, can you do it with my first file and tell me if you found the same ratios

If yes, you will resolve my problem and send me the file.

FF
Message 10 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

1st CaseSLS1

First I create SLS combination : and all members are BAR, so no results when i want to see Verification design.

To obtain the results of SLS verification results you need to :

1. Define SLS combination and use them in the verification

2. Set SLS limits in the parameters assigned to elements of a model

SLS.PNG

2nd CaseULS1

Second I tried to convert SLS to ULS but I don't change my combinations, i have results at Verification design and max ratio is 0.19

For my combinations  14to20By2 23 24to30By2  max = 0.19 Second file ULS (my ULS are my SLS but i just changed my combination type)

For my combinations 14to20By2 23 24to30By2 no results at design steel members SLS

There are no SLS results as you need to follow the points described above. 

The correct workflow for ULS and SLS verifications is:

1. Create ULS combinations (usually they have load factors larger than 1) and use them for ULS verification (type their numbers into ULS limit states load case selection field in the Calculations - CSA dialog)

2. Create SLS combinations (usually they have load factors equal to 1) and use them for SLS verification (type their numbers into SLS limit states load case selection field in the Calculations - CSA dialog)

3. Set SLS limits in the parameters assigned to elements of a model

4. Run verification

Third I want to know how to stay SLS and found the same ratio than my second file ?

You can in addition to existing SLS combination create new ULS ones (if you want they can be exactly the same as the SLS ones). Then you need to assign SLS limits to elements of the model. Afterwards type the ULS combinations numbers in the ULS case selection field and SLS combinations into SLS one. Finally press the verification button.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report