Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear load has not been applied to a panel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hsimpson86
886 Views, 5 Replies

Linear load has not been applied to a panel

I am getting the above warning (Linear load has not been applied to a panel) but am struggling to locate the errant load(s).

All linear loads are applied as (FE) linear on edges, I've checked no zero loads are in the table and visually inspected all load cases with linear loads but am struggling to locate anything incorrect. Is there an easy / obvious way to find the loads causing this warning or do I need to continue manually searching through the model?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: hsimpson86

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
hsimpson86
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks Rafal but it was more a general question of 'how do I locate these loads?'. I eventually found it by copying each panel with a line load to a seperate model, giving the panel a support and running it to see if the error popped up, and then deleting loadcases as a process of elimination. This clearly isn't ideal so I wondered if there was an easier way of locating the loadcase generating the error. 

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Run Verification Manually, then click on warning text to see highlighted loads = lines.

Then you will have to find in which load case, by yourself

linloa.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
hsimpson86
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you. I couldn't locate my error this way because I had so many panels and the error was only applicable to one small edge on one of many panels hence it was difficult to get it to show. I tried using the 'display attributes only for selected objects' and then highlighting the error in the verification box but this didn't seem to work either?

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

I tried using the 'display attributes only for selected objects' and then highlighting the error in the verification box but this didn't seem to work either?

1. Verification must be run MANUALLY before clicking on text
2. It will not work this way because it highlights "imaginary" line(s), not real Robot object(s) because it works also on non "object" load :  Linear Load 2p
In case of using Linear Load 2p - you can concert them to ordinary line loads to easily find and correct them :
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Generation-of-calculation-model-takes-foreve...

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report