Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot API compatibility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
W2K
Explorer
234 Views, 3 Replies

Robot API compatibility

I am creating a small application using Robot API. It has to work with at lest Robot 2012 and all future versions(currently 2014).  

Currentyl I am using Robot API v14. Will it work on version 2012-2015 and future versions or I need to recompile the code for every version of robot adding dependencies for correct version of API ?

Another thing. Does the user need to istall anything to use application that uses Robot API or it is enouuh to have Robot installed ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: W2K

Currentyl I am using Robot API v14. Will it work on version 2012-2015 and future versions or I need to recompile the code for every version of robot adding dependencies for correct version of API ?

No.

Another thing. Does the user need to istall anything to use application that uses Robot API or it is enouuh to have Robot installed ?

It depends how Project is made \ configured.

If you look at References \ RobotOM -> Properties and see Embed = True -> no need to install anything extra

If you look at References \ RobotOM -> Properties and see Embed = False-> Interop.RobotOM.dll should be located in the same folder where your project dll \ exe will be installd \ copied

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
W2K
Explorer
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

For the first question: "No" means that it won't  work in other versions than compiled ? 

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Currentyl I am using Robot API v14. Will it work on version 2012-2015 and future versions 

Yes

or I need to recompile the code for every version of robot adding dependencies for correct version of API ?

No.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report