Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not see/open .step-files in Simulation CFD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BlnPhoenix
1094 Views, 5 Replies

Can not see/open .step-files in Simulation CFD

Hello,

i have a rather strange problem with Simulation CFD. I can not see any .step or .stp files I created with FreeCAD and want to load in Sim CFD 2015.

I already tried to re-install SimCFD and my Windows several times. I don't get any license errors or anything.

Can someone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: BlnPhoenix

Hi,

Might you be able to post one of these files for us to test?

Are you going to 'new' within CFD to import the file?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 6
BlnPhoenix
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

thanks for your quick reply. I kinda solved the problem by loading the .step files into Inventor and saving it as a .sat file there. Then again loading this into Sim CFD which worked for me. I could'nt see the .step files but i can see .sat files, so i'm working with that for now.

Cheers,

Clemens

Message 4 of 6
pmenzies10

Hi Clemens,

Always a good choice when CAD is doing the unexpected.   But I would like to ask - Are you on the latest build of Simulation CFD 2015?  You can check by use the Help_About pull down menu.  It should show version 15.2.  In this version, your model loads with 17 parts.  It looks like it will be a fun analysis to run.  

Thanks,

Peggy

Message 5 of 6
BlnPhoenix
in reply to: pmenzies10

Hey Peggy,

thanks for your reply. 🙂 I checked the version number and actually it gives me build 15.1. Do you know if i can upgrade it via service pack?

-Clemens

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report