Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Models Schedule Function in BIM360 Web Environment

Publish Models Schedule Function in BIM360 Web Environment

I am sorry ADSK, but this opening of Revit every time I need to publish models so we can see them live in the cloud is getting ridiculous. I have dozens of models that make up a single project, and this is very, very inefficient. The models live in the cloud and there really is not a good reason a project admin should not be able to set up a publish schedule right in the cloud. What happens to all the companies that are not able to set up automation or can hire someone to program automation thru Forge? I think there are probably a lot of us that feel this is a huge miss on ADSK part. 

Puiblish Models.png

5 Comments
aaronwagner
Advocate

@CharlesBerteaux does the automated publishing through Design Collaboration meet that need for you?
http://help.autodesk.com/view/BIM360D/ENU/?guid=BIM360D_Design_Collaboration_to_schedule_regular_pub...

CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

@aaronwagner this works just fine if you want to produce one off models for someone to consume. We link all AE's and Trades to our live design models. We only work with single source of truth. But if they can make it happen here, surely they can build this feature to not replicate files as well, which is what we are after. 

aaronwagner
Advocate

Hey @CharlesBerteaux, what this does is the same as Publish Latest from Manage Models within Revit.  It does require the teams to create packages and share them as that part is not automated.  So really all it does is update the Docs folders to the latest Revit version once a week.  Users can definitely Publish Latest from within Revit as well if they need something published outside of that frequency.  The good news for me here is it will automatically publish to Docs everything within the team's folder.

aaronwagner
Advocate
CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

@aaronwagner Thanks for the input, but none of this workflow helps me. We just need the ability to publish models not for consumption directly in the cloud. We want to set our design models to publish as that is what everyone uses as single source of truth. This needs to happen directly in the Document Management module and not in the Design Collaboration environment. 

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report