Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markup sharing types addition - Private, *Company, Public

Markup sharing types addition - Private, *Company, Public

Hello,

I looked at Markups and what is keeping us from using markups fully is the the ability to share markups just within our company. We do not want to spam the entire project team with our private comments while we do want to share our comments with our employees and allow them to close markups.

Thanks!

3 Comments
doreen.dvoretz
Autodesk
Hello,

We're planning to incorporate markups as part of our issue tracking and RFI management workflows. This will enable sharing markups in the context of an issue/RFI, with the same groups or individuals these issues and RFIs are shared with.
I was wondering if that would address your request in full, or if you'd still see a need to add another level for sharing markups that aren't tied to any other entities. If so, it would be great to understand the workflow.

Thanks,
Doreen Dvoretz
Engineering and Product Manager, BIM 360 Viewer
Jason_M_Gardner
Enthusiast

No it would not address the issue because you are talking about "adding" markup features to the "Issue" feature and the "RFI" feature of BIM 360. I am talking about the main "Markup" Feature share permissions which is entirely different. The "Markup" Feature is represented by the Cloud symbol and a slanted pencil on sheet lists. When you are on a 2D plan you can place start a markup from the bottom control bar. Workflow is an internal workflow private to a company or subgroup of company working on a specific project. Example: Architect or Engineer communicating a markup to their Revit user to make changes. Private to the company or the subgroup of the company.

The current implementation forces us to choose Public to share a markup with our internal company. Therefore we can't use the feature at all. This would spam the entire project team with all of our markups. It would be overwhelming and disrupt collaboration. Markups we don't want them to see. So it is a blocker.

Their are markups that we would select Public share on. But those would be few and appropriate to the intentions of collaboration.

Hopefully I understood your comment and covered it. So easy to misunderstand in forums. You can email me direct and set up a phone call if needed.

Jason_M_Gardner
Enthusiast

add new markup.jpgprivatepublic.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report