Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model stucking at Manage links - CAD Formats

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sjimQ4BJU
311 Views, 2 Replies

Model stucking at Manage links - CAD Formats

I am facing issue in my Revit while working on BIM 360 model in Document Management.  My Revit model is going into indefinite loading mode while accessing the Manage links -> CAD Formats. The whole screen gets faded and the Mange links window shows Not responding error.

I have some dwg files linked from the local network and some other files on BIM 360 cloud. My other team member working on the same model is not having any issue with this.  Is this because of linking dwg files on local network instead of BIM 360 cloud..?

I am using Revit 2018, Desktop Connector (latest 11.0.0.906). I guess this may be due to Connector  as I updated it recently.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gareth.spencer1
in reply to: sjimQ4BJU

Hi,

1. Have you reported to you Autodesk re-seller to assist?
  2. Does the model open in BIM 360 Docs OK? 
  3. Try uninstalling the Desktop Connector and reinstalling it. See if that does the trick. If not why not trying to reinstalling a previous version.
  4. I know you say it works fine for others but have you download the model and open it locally does it work OK for you? 

Please click the Accept Solution button if my reply answers your question.

Twitter: @TheDarkAsset
LinkedIn: gareth-spencer-84202532

Gareth Spencer
BIM Technical Consultant | Man and Machine (UK)
Message 3 of 3
sjimQ4BJU
in reply to: gareth.spencer1

yeah, I reported the error to Autodesk and they concluded that it is the problem with the work flow. They said that linking CAD files from local network does not goes well with BIM 360. All should have to be linked with Desktop connector.

I too felt the same as it was stucking while accessing the linked CAD files. We have linked from three platforms, two local networks and one cloud which might have confused the Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report