Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open document from BIM 360 Cloud

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
andrei.boboc
1280 Views, 5 Replies

Failed to open document from BIM 360 Cloud

Hello,

I'm admin of one project and I want to work whit other many colleagues and I don't know why they can't open the Revit file from the cloud although they have permissions to access these files. They can view all files from that folder from the internet browser and from explorer (we use the Autodesk Desktop Connector) but when they want to open in Revit, after a long loading time, appears this message: "Failed to open"  failed to open.png

I mentioned that this problem is randomly and not for my all colleagues.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: andrei.boboc

Never encountered this. But might this be issue with slow or interrrupted internet/network connection?

What happens if they download the file from the browser to local computer and then open it in Revit, does it work then for them or the message will stay the same?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6
andrei.boboc
in reply to: L.Maas

After the model is downloaded local, this can open without problems.
Message 4 of 6
L.Maas

I would check out your network/internet connections. The long loading times might indicate too much isues causing the file does not come over in reasonable time or incomplete causing the error.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6
andrei.boboc
in reply to: L.Maas

Ok, I will check the Internet connections, but I think if my internet connection is poor, I should not be able to download the file separately.
Message 6 of 6
andrei.boboc

The problem was that my colleague’s account not was assigned the products and services to the users accounts. Now it’s solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report