Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cloud Model Room geometry & information

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
nic.maes
1881 Views, 13 Replies

Revit Cloud Model Room geometry & information

Hi,

When working with revit Cloudmodels (worksharing or stand alone revit 2019.2) on BIM360 Docs

Some rooms are visible when looking at the model in an internet browser.

They only appear in the automatically created phase 3D view (New Construction)

But not all the rooms in the model are visible.

I don't find any reference of this functionality in the help of BIM360 Docs or Revit 2019.2

is this as intented?

Nic

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mespaillat
in reply to: nic.maes

Hello @nic.maes ,

Thank you for posting to our forums!

I am limited in knowledge of Revit, but will gladly try to assist you with this issue. First, it would be useful if you could share a screenshot of the model in Revit and what you expect to see in BIM 360. Then, an image of what is actually shown in the web browser.

So long as this issue does not involve linked files/models, I believe the rooms that do not show may be due to publish settings for this model in Revit. Can you please advise if the missing rooms are included in your selection(s) of views and sheets in the publish settings?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support!

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 3 of 14
mespaillat

Hello @nic.maes ,

I wanted to know if you had an opportunity to review my response or if you had further questions I could assist you with?

If not and the recommended suggestions/response were helpful in answering your inquiry, please click the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 4 of 14
robincapperw

Are you using design options? If yes maybe some rooms are in an option rather than the main model or primary option?

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 14
nic.maes
in reply to: robincapperw

Hi,
I have this tested with “stand alone” cloudmodels (revit 2019.2.1)
See screenshots, just a few walls and rooms placed, no linked files or design options.

Only in the automaticly created view “New Construction” Rooms are visible
New Construction.png

In the default {3D} view, no rooms are available
3D.png

Also, in some other models not all the rooms show.
Checked all the rooms in these models to be of the same phase.

Best regards
Nic Maes

Message 6 of 14
mespaillat

Hello @nic.maes  and @robincapperw ,

I tested this also with a sample model and experienced the same results for defined rooms. We did not find Design Options to have an effect on this behavior.

I reached out to a few colleagues to get more information on this inquiry and will gladly share any information that becomes available.

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 7 of 14
mespaillat

Hello @nic.maes  and @robincapperw ,

I played around with a basic model I created in Revit 2019.2 , and think I may have figured out what controls the room visibility in the automatically generated view (which is actually a Phase Filter view in Revit) within BIM 360. I made a version without rooms, along with a copy that had eight rooms  and then initiated collaboration to BIM 360. The  version that included eight rooms did not generate a view named 'New Construction', instead it generated a view called 'Project Completion'. 

This led me to research Revit product documentation that confirms my suspicion. The visibility of the rooms in the 'New Construction' view for BIM 360 is controlled by the phase reflected in the Phasing properties for the model view(s). Please see screenshots below and confirm if this true of your models. If so, please click the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

BIM 360 Document Management

BIM 360_Phasing Views_Rooms for Model Boundaries.PNG

Revit 2019.2

Revit_Manage_Phases.PNG

Thank you.

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 8 of 14
mespaillat

Hello @nic.maes or @robincapperw ,

I wanted to follow up and see if you had an opportunity to review my response? If so and you find it was helpful in answering this question, please click the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 9 of 14
nic.maes
in reply to: mespaillat

Hello @mespaillat 

It seems that this functionality dissapeared recently

To my knowledge, BIM360 Docs no longer shows any 3D room information?

Am i'm missing something?

Best regards

Nic Maes

Message 10 of 14

Hi @nic.maes and @mespaillat 

I'm curious about this topic as well.  Just recently, I noticed that room volume geometry had become visible and accessible in BIM360, both in the model browser and as visible geometry in the model viewer.  This is great news. However, the visibility of the geometry ceases after opening the model a second time in the BIM360 viewer.  If I upload new versions of the model to BIM360, the room geometry will again be visible, until accessing the same model a second time.  Could this possibly just be a temporary bug with rooms?  As you can see in the image, I am using Phase 1 and the rooms are listed in the Model Browser

Message 11 of 14

I agree with the above message. I also found that when I logged in to BIM360 Docs recently, the display problem of the "Room" object is as described above. This is a big trouble for my work. I don't know if Autodesk will solve this problem. ?

Message 12 of 14

Hi @Ivan-Fu I have been working with Forge support and am happy to report that Autodesk reports this issue has been fixed on the Forge side and is making its way to the BIM360 side.  I don't know how long that process will take, but its good news to say the least!

Message 13 of 14

Hello @IntegratedEstimating ~

Thank you for your attention to this topic, this is really great news! So far we have not seen a fix on BIM360, but we are very glad to know that this problem has been solved, so we have to wait for it~ Thank you !!

Message 14 of 14

Hi @nic.maes, It appears this functionality is still not working.  Can you check to see the status of this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report