Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join to a BIM 360 Docs Project with the own separate license

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
support201
398 Views, 4 Replies

Join to a BIM 360 Docs Project with the own separate license

Hello every one,

I have got a problem like:

My client works in a subsidiary and is involved in a corporation project and BIM docs license is purchased by the corporation for them. Currently their subsidiary has purchased BIM Docs own license and they want to continue to participate in the corporation's project but with their own license. From the time of ordering with the distributor, we have registered the project name with the project name of the corporation that the subsidiary is participating in. So now how do I link the license of the subsidiary company with BIM license of the corporation to the subsidiary continue to participate in that project, which the corporation can quit the license of the subsidiary to license This is for others because now the subsidiary has their own license

In short, how do my customers use their own BIM docs license to participate in the BIM docs project of the corporation.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bogdan_ciobanu
in reply to: support201

Hi @support201,

Thank you for participating in our community. My name is Bogdan and I am with Autodesk Technical Support. 

By design, BIM 360 Document Management (Docs) project members are using the seats available and assigned to them from the account that initiated the project. 

So, it is not possible at the moment to join a project with your own license, you need to have a seat assigned by the project admin and that seat will be taken from the available seats on their account.

I hope this was helpful.

If my post answered your question, thank you for accepting it as a solution so that other users can see it and benefit from it. If there is anything else I can do to assist you, let me know and it will be my pleasure to help.

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan Ciobanu
Message 3 of 5
support201
in reply to: bogdan_ciobanu

Dear Bogdan,

thanks so much. by the way, if an user in the project has been removed, can the project manager invite another user intead?

Message 4 of 5
bogdan_ciobanu
in reply to: support201

Hi @support201,

Yes, that is correct. 

Also, to check the number of available seats for a service:

• Login on the Account Administration page
  • Click on the Analytics tab
  • On the right side of the screen, check the 'Members by Service' chart, it will show how many seats are assigned and how many are still available to be used.

I hope this was helpful. 

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan Ciobanu
Message 5 of 5
support201
in reply to: bogdan_ciobanu

Dear @bogdan_ciobanu,

Thank you so much. you did help me a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report