Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel paste as link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lynlaysaymo
174 Views, 2 Replies

excel paste as link

has anyone written some illogic that will copy a range from one excel workbook and paste as a link into another excel workbook?

any assistance greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: lynlaysaymo

Hi,

Is this what you need?

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create-an-external-reference-link-to-a-cell-range-in-anothe...

I guess you'd just have to set the value of one of the cells to something that will reference the cells from the other excel sheet.

e.g. 

GoExcel.CellValue("C:\temp\test1.xlsx", "Sheet1", "A1") = "=SUM('C:\temp\[test2.xlsx]Sheet1'!A1:A2)"

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
lynlaysaymo
in reply to: adam.nagy

hi Adam

yeah that looks like what I'm after

I have a master doc register for each project. (excel spreadsheet)

I have another register (created from a template .xls) that I need to link to the correct drawing register based on the project. (basically I need to pull info from one xls to the other.

So, I'm putting together some code that will link the two without user intervention and to do some other stuff too.

thanks though adam, I'll look into your suggestion once I get home and will revert.

cheers!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report