Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorldCup 2014, who do you support?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pendean
316 Views, 3 Replies

WorldCup 2014, who do you support?

Team USA doesn't have a chance sadly, but with Spain getting thoroughly overwhelmed in their first game tells me upsets are possible.
So... Who's your favorite? I think Brazil can't afford to lose it so I'm going to cheer them on.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
skintsubby
in reply to: pendean

Dean.

To be honest, I'm not too fussed for who wins it. But my money is on Italy with the Germans as an outsider.

Even though the World Cup is in South America, I think a European team will win it.

Brazil haven't played like a team in either of the two games that they've played.

Holland were a different class against the Spanish.. but I can't see them maintaining it.

For me the most disappointing thing so far has been the refereeing, it's been poor.

My team (Scotland) couldn't qualify for the tournament if they were the only team in their group Smiley Wink

I'm impressed... to most of the people I know, it seems football (real football mind) just seems to pass the USA by.Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: skintsubby

I guess you're not cheering England on then 🙂
When is the referendum BTW? How will you vote?

There have been many superb goals thisWorld Cup tournament: players taking chances and really going for it. Keeps my evenings occupied watching all the recorded games.
Message 4 of 4
skintsubby
in reply to: pendean

Dean.

I'm not "not cheering for England" as you put it.. I prefer to think I've got another 30 teams I'd prefer to winSmiley Happy

To be honest I feel sorry for the England team. Their own media, over here, usually loves to hype them up and slag them off when when they get put out. This year is a bit different in that the media had written them off before they even got there.. and now it is on the teams case for them not qualifying (at time of writing a very good possibility) The players can't seem to win either way.

I can't watch recorded games, as I end up just hitting the fast fwd button and watching at 16x normal speed until something interesting happens.... kind of spoils it a bit!!Smiley Sad

As for the Referendum.. it's 18th September. And I'll be voting NO...

I might not want their team to win the world cup.... but they're not that bad a bunch compared to whats on offer, and I'm quite content with my life as it is. If you even start to look at the economics / politics involved it just becomes comical. (personal opinion only)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report