Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is everyone listening to right now?

98 REPLIES 98
Message 1 of 99
JohnKPDCKA
2748 Views, 98 Replies

What is everyone listening to right now?

Metallica's ...And Justice For All album on my iPod.

98 REPLIES 98
Message 2 of 99
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JohnKPDCKA

Right now, a random mix of [primarily] Alice in Chains, Metallica, Disturbed, and Megadeth.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 99
dniehaus

Foghat, live. Oldschool, what can I say.

Message 4 of 99
JohnKPDCKA
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Nice selections!  I grew up on Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush, then turned to heavy music and 80's hair bands.  But thru all the years, my favorite is still Rush.

@Anonymous wrote:

Right now, a random mix of [primarily] Alice in Chains, Metallica, Disturbed, and Megadeth.

Message 5 of 99
tschau3

I'm a huge Rush fan too.  What's your favorite album by them?

I tend to go with 2112, Permanent Waves or Hemispheres.

Message 6 of 99
TBasich

Right now I've got RJD2 going. Love his stuff, and the instrumental albums are awesome for powering through work. Smiley Happy

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 99
JohnKPDCKA
in reply to: tschau3

I cannot really say that I have a favorite.  But their more recent albums have been getting back to their older style of writing.  I cannot wait to see them July 4th in Milwaukee!  My brother used to tour with them for a few years as their light operator and did some of their videos as well.  So everytime they come to town, I just get in touch with their tour LD and see the show from FOH.

Message 8 of 99
cbenner
in reply to: TBasich

Spotify library on random.  Everything from guitar metal, to classic rock, bluegrass, jazz, classical, blues, new age, new wave, southern fried rock, swing, progressive instrumental, country,...... guess that's about it.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 99
Charles_Shade

Save Ferris, Fountains of Wayne, Propellerheads, Zeppelin, Green Day, Ceasers, Live, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Yes, Peter Gabrial, Damned, Vampire Weekend, Chemical Borthers, Hole, Simon and Garfunkel, just about all that everone else listed, Police, English Beat, Joe Jackson, Clash and BAD, Stone's Jane's Addiction...

Why be bored?

Message 10 of 99

Lotsa cool stuff mentioned in this thread...

I saw Rush when they came to St. Louis a few years back.

But, as for what I'm listening to... just the diffusers. I can't have noise when I do brain-work, I must have silence.

I'm lucky now that my boss and I are separated by an 'external' wall (his office is in a building addition from 1954, mine is in the original 1924 structure, nice thick walls!), because he leaves his radio on all the time. It's classic rock, so I like it, but, it used to drive me batty in our old office, I found it quite distracting.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 12 of 99
asommer
in reply to: cbenner

Awesome. Just about to put some REO on!  I have an extensive collection, also searching through some Eric Clapton.  Ever mouse-click or type notes to the beat of the music?  I do that all the time, more involuntary than not.

Message 13 of 99
asommer
in reply to: cbenner

Air guitar using keyboard!  My co-workers don't know what's wrong with me...

Message 14 of 99
CoreyDaun
in reply to: asommer

asommer wrote:

"...Ever mouse-click or type notes to the beat of the music?  I do that all the time, more involuntary than not."

Someone was doing there here one night at 2 AM. I told him to put on Through the FIre and Flames by Dragonforce (Youtube link). He then sounded like he was having a seizure...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 15 of 99
Light_Guy

At this very second....38 Special - So Caught Up in You

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 16 of 99
Light_Guy
in reply to: Light_Guy

And now - Led Zepplin - Houses of the Holy

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 17 of 99
Light_Guy

and now - Monty Python - Live at City Center -Pet Shop Sketch

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 18 of 99
derrickmoore

David Bowie's upcoming release "The Next Day". Streaming for free on iTunes until it goes on sale. I'll buy it

Message 19 of 99
Joe-Bouza

Bruce Cockburn, John Gorka, Lucinda Williams, Lorreta Lynn, anything with a melody and tonal center Smiley Wink

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 20 of 99
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Patsy Cline... mmmm... so soothing.

How you been Joe?

Not sure you remember me from Dynamic Blocks about three years ago but thanks for all the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report