Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you drive?

78 REPLIES 78
Message 1 of 79
tidgy
2027 Views, 78 Replies

What do you drive?

I'm sure there's a few petrolheads among us.

So what do folks drive?

my current toy, runnign just shy of 400bhp 😄

[URL=http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Tidgy05/media/06%20wrx/WP_000424_zpsd830531b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1...

78 REPLIES 78
Message 21 of 79
Charles_Shade
in reply to: troma

Are not the roads in Ireland about 4' wide? (Yes I know that is exaggerated. I'l let you decide though if I meant bigger or smaller.Smiley Wink )

Message 22 of 79

I find it amusing that our sons' friends always ask us why we only have one car.

Uh, cause we only need one.
I enjoyed the public transportation when I've been in London and Dublin. It's so easy to get around and not have to hassle with traffic and parking.

Obviously, we need a car here, even living in the city, moreso since we moved out to the county, but, we don't really need two of them. It's been inconvenient a few times, but, for the most part, we haven't missed it.

Oh, and I started driving a big suv after my son was a baby and my little hyundai was totalled in a simple rear-ending. Paranoia about the size of the cars around me, so, I become part of the problem. After the boys are out of the house, I plan on going back to a compact car or moving to a city with better public transport and ditching the car entirely.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 23 of 79

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:
.... After the boys are out of the house, I plan on .........

Optimist!Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 79
troma
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Are not the roads in Ireland about 4' wide? ...

Well of course.  That's all you need for two donkeys to pass each other.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 25 of 79
cbenner
in reply to: graemev
Message 26 of 79
cbenner
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker wrote:

Why are all American cars "Gas" guzzlers? Yet European cars are more Petrol friendly?

For a 4WD V6 mine gets 23.9 GPM, I think that's pretty ok considering the roads I drive and the weather I have to contend with.  It's a trade off my friend.

Message 27 of 79
dgorsman

One solid Canadian winter should resolve that last question.  Places are farther apart, and the trips are more often across large unpopulated spaces as opposed to short hops through highly populated areas, and less population density means more risk if you get off the road.  Plus, there's a little more assumption of having the right-of-way in North American driving, which coupled with the winter weather makes many glad for the extra physical buffer zones.

Most of the Canadian road infrastructure post-dates the modern full size vehicles, unlike most European cities, so it was designed with the larger vehicles in mind as opposed to the other way around.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 28 of 79

Aw, that is so cute, Chris! 😄

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 29 of 79

I'm already telling them now that that they can have free room and board, so long as they are going to school full-time.

My oldest made a comment about never leaving and I set him straight. lol. 😉

My parents wanted to start charging me rent as soon as I graduated high school, so I left (if I'm paying rent anyway, I'll pick a nicer place to live, where I can make my own rules), and I tell them that, too, so they know how nice I'm being, letting them stay longer. 😉

Melanie Stone
Message 30 of 79
Murph_Map
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

2004 GMC 2500 for ll those things that need to be done. Everyone should have a truck.

I knew there was a reason for liking you. You got the 6.0 L or the diesel? 6.0 here.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 31 of 79
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Murph_Map

6 L.

Stayed away from the half ton 'cause I did not want to look like the front end was jacked up carrying a load of mulch.

Weekend warrior stuff that is. (Wish I could use the word I want there.)

Message 32 of 79
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

I used to have a Tacoma.  Loved that truck!!!  It was awesome in the snow.  Now I drive a Kia Sedona.  You know, the old family friendly mini van!!!

In the summer I use the most efficient means of transporation you will ever find.

bike.JPG

2000 miles baby.  That is a lot of gas savings!!!!

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 33 of 79
pendean
in reply to: tidgy

On a recent trip to KCMO for a project the car rental agency ran out of Economy cars and 'forced' me to take a Mustang 5.0 for the day.

Let's just say I paid for the full tank of gas myself and took a much later flight back home that evening.
Message 34 of 79
hwalker
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

I used to have a Tacoma.  Loved that truck!!!  It was awesome in the snow.  Now I drive a Kia Sedona.  You know, the old family friendly mini van!!!

In the summer I use the most efficient means of transporation you will ever find.

bike.JPG

2000 miles baby.  That is a lot of gas savings!!!!

Let them out. You don't want to stink up the family home do you 😄

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 35 of 79
troma

Scott, I'm very jealous. I want one of those!

Mark Green

Message 36 of 79
Cadmanto

Save your pennies!!!  You wont find a bike like this at Wal-Mart.  Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 37 of 79
troma

@Cadmanto wrote:

Save your pennies!!!  You wont find a bike like this at Wal-Mart.  Smiley Very Happy

I don't have any!

Mark Green

Message 38 of 79
tidgy

may have saved money on fuel, but not as much fun 😄 lol

well to me anyway lol

Message 39 of 79
bgingerich

'99 Altima.  30-35mpg in the summer with lows (when I have fun) of 25.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 40 of 79
scot-65

S820x340-01.jpg

Owned and operated since the late 70's.

Turned the odometer 3 times.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report