Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORK STATIONS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
millerew17
421 Views, 6 Replies

WORK STATIONS

Sitting Chairs Or Kneeling Chairs?

What's your preference?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kiraimmorris
in reply to: millerew17

I'd probably rather a kneeling chair, considering I always sit on the wooden frame piece, the literal edge, of my seat. But it truly depends on wheels or no wheels, because you can't sit on a rolly chair the way i sit on a legged chair without finding yourself on the floor. So i have to sit back on a rolly chair, which makes me feel uneasy because they tend to try and flick backwards which makes me jump which then causes the chair to go on two wheels and i end up laying on the floor.  But thats just my life, so for safety i'll have to stick with old faithful or standing. But then again if there's a desk attached to a rolly chair to counter my weight upon leaning back there isn't a problem.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

If there was one universal solution we'd all be using it right now. So what is it you are trying to cure?

I stand 50% of the time, sit 50% of the time. depends on my mood: kneeling is too hard on my old knees and makes me feel like I'm falling forward.

You do know that sitting in any position (especially with your back straight up) is unhealthy for you, right? The human tushy/tuchus was not designed for 8+ hours of sitting.

Message 4 of 7
millerew17
in reply to: pendean

Every now & then I'll strain my adductors, probably from hooking my ankles around my chair legs. Funny how those things creep up on a person. I never spend more then 30 minutes in the chair without a stretch break (muscles, bones & eyes) but every now!!!  I've never had any time in a kneeling chair but I know a few people that swear by them. 

Message 5 of 7
whitney_jeff

I had sciatica for a while, and the kneeling chair helped quite a bit - untill it started hurting my knees.  A better kneeler with better pads may have helped that.

Message 6 of 7
scot-65

I experienced more than enough kneeling in a lifetime on Sundays, in a Catholic Church...

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 7 of 7
millerew17
in reply to: scot-65

Ha Ha ...........That's a Good one...........I'm not Catholic but spent
many hours as a carpenter on my knees.

--
Elmer W. Miller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report