Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALL-E is real!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TBasich
857 Views, 6 Replies

WALL-E is real!

A little bit technical, but for the right reasons. I thought this was a pretty cool little video on one man's work to recreate Pixar's WALL-E. (I also adore WALL-E, so I'm a little biased.)

http://gizmodo.com/wall-e-recreated-as-an-amazing-real-life-bot-1028097268

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: TBasich

WOW

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

That's awesome!!!!

Reminds me of the time my family and I were at the local mall and someone outside of one of the stores dressed like Luke Skywalker had a life size R2D2 that he built himself.  It was so cool.  It moved around and talked too like in the movie.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 7

Two years ago... I never got to see it, but, I saw pictures everyone was taking, lol.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 7 of 7
Light_Guy

The lead artist on WALL-E was at AU several years ago. The did some extensive research to make him appear as real as possible on screen, including determining what metal looks like when super heated as WALL-E was when he was under the rocket. Those guys at Pixar are incredible!

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report