You can't copy/paste the image into the message - you've got to use the "Insert/edit image" button.
⁞|⁞ Please use the .Accept as Solution and Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Beautiful! I once canoed on the St. Croix. It was exhausting, but probably some of the best fun I've had. One of my favorite memories. You folks are making me nostalgic!
It's a shame floating around here has become a "get wasted before noon and dump all your trash in the river" party scene. I remember floating as a kid with the folks, used to be really quiet, not a bar/club on each sand bar. There is water patrol all over some of these rivers due to this. Sneaky ones, too.
I know that's right, Adam.
I grew up in Southern California and haven't been back to any of my old childhood haunts, but, the ones around here I was on as a teenager have become just as you say. A bunch of annoying people mucking up the place.
Same for down at the Lake of the Ozarks, it gets a bit harder to find peace and quiet.
Oh, and I can sympathize with the soreness after a two day paddle... heh. That's rough on a desk jockey like me.
***not all who wander are lost***
My defunct profiles:
- What's your name?
- Dave Parker
- Where do you hail from?
- What is your profession and/or title?
- Consulting Forester
- What Autodesk product do you enjoy using most?
- Map3d 2013
- Where is your favorite spot to vacation?
- I work in the woods. Most workdays resemble a vacation of sorts. Force me to a far away spot- Arkansas would be one choice, central Georgia another to look at the woods of course
- What are you most proud of?
- Family, 36 years volunter firefighter