Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoking Meat

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
pendean
1615 Views, 40 Replies

Smoking Meat

My new hobby, and dare I say it, addiction.

The Smoker (hardwood charcoal is the fuel, apple wood for smoke this time):

Smoker.jpg

5-pound Brisket is the result (6-hours at 225F):

Brisket.jpg

Left over Brisket, in a Chili of course, this is Texas:

chili.jpg

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
pendean
in reply to: Nata_ly

I do love good food 🙂
Message 22 of 41
cbenner
in reply to: pendean

No smoke, but I did a beef tenderloin on the rotisserie yesterday, along with some roasted redskin potatoes in a foil pouch with some onion, fresh cut rosemary and thyme, butter and olive oil and another pouch with roasted veggies and mushrooms, and a redwine reduction.  OH!.. and shrimp skewers on the grill.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well it all came out.  I felt like a culinary rock star!

Message 23 of 41
pendean
in reply to: cbenner

Smoked a Pork Butt over the weekend, high-heat to start to get a good char on the outside then kicked it down for a slow smoke/cook for +/-5-hours.
Leftovers yesterday were turned into Pulled-Pork Chili (no beans): Mmm!
Message 24 of 41
cbenner

@pendean wrote:
Smoked a Pork Butt over the weekend, high-heat to start to get a good char on the outside then kicked it down for a slow smoke/cook for +/-5-hours.
Leftovers yesterday were turned into Pulled-Pork Chili (no beans): Mmm!

Yum!

Message 25 of 41

NO BEANS!?!?!? 😮

Oh, the hugh manatee!!!

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 26 of 41

Oooh, that sounds really good, Chris (so does Dean's, but, I'm still reeling over the idea of chili without beans in it... sounds like meat soup to me 😉 ).

I was trying to talk DH into bbq'ing, but, of course, the two best nights for it, we were away from home, the next two were sweltering.

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 27 of 41

As a born-here-so-its-legit Texan, I would be kicked out of the state and my state citizenship would be revoked if I put beans in it 🙂

Chili is not soup either: another sin committed by non-Texans (married to one, finally weaned her of that habit) LOL
Message 28 of 41

lol, actually, I already knew about the correlation between beanless chili and texan citizenship. 😉 It's been a source of long and heated debates from both factions.

Luckily, I didn't have that spousal struggle, as my non-american spouse will eat whatever I give him without much argument.

Melanie Stone
Message 29 of 41
rkmcswain

Anyone have (or made) one like this?

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-No-Weld-Double-Barrel-Smoker-and-how-to-use-i/

...and Dean... 6 hours?

I'm thinking more like 14-16....

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 30 of 41
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

Depends on the roast size and cooking temp (small household here): Pork Butt is dense and does not absorb as much smoke as a brisket IMHO plus I used a higher temp. For me, on pork, it's all about the char on the outside 🙂

Great double-barrel smoker there, wish I had the room.
Message 31 of 41
rkmcswain

I was just messing with you Dean.

Yea, that is a nice one.....I got tired just from _reading_ that instructable last week....

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 32 of 41
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

I love sharing 'smoked meat' tips 🙂
Message 33 of 41
pendean

Rain and cooler temperatures (80) are testing my ability to control the temp and hold it at 250 for Ribs and Brisket.

photo.JPG

Message 34 of 41
pendean

Too much brown sugar on the ribs, but dang it was all good.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Message 35 of 41

... you're so mean... 😜

Melanie Stone
Message 36 of 41
Charles_Shade

Message 37 of 41
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I guess my invite got lost in the mail 🙂
Message 38 of 41
Charles_Shade

I'm wondering when you are going to offer to ship some of that pastrami.

My Jewish heritage started salivating when I saw that picture.

Message 39 of 41
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Can you guys please stop making me so hungry.. 

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 40 of 41
pendean

Smoked Turkeys for Thsnksgiving were amazing: did not get any photo proof sadly, by the time I remembered to take a picture all that wew left were the carcasses (10 hungry people will do that).

But, I did smoke both Beef and Baby-Back Ribs for Sunday lunch

ribs.JPG

and made Applesauce Pie for dessert (not smoked LOL).

pie.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report