Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for web-based jukebox for the office?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TravisNave
827 Views, 8 Replies

Recommendation for web-based jukebox for the office?

Hey all,

So we play music at the office thru ceiling speakers that are run thru stereo equipment that is fed by a Windows workstation.  We have a pretty good library of music from our collections.  Right now we make setlists and just let them play randomly. 

I think it would be great if the users could access a webpage and hit it like a jukebox and request songs that will automagically queue up.  When not in request mode, it would, of course play randoms still, but requests would take precedence.  Kinda like those jukebox kiosks at local bars and stuff.  I don't want to stream to local machines, just have it play from the media server over the speaker system.

Anybody have any good software recommendations for that? 

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: TravisNave

A real Jukebox, place it in the corner of the break room for eveyone to access: they can punch in their requests while they get coffee instead of getting distracted while working by scrolling thourgh music options all day long.
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: pendean

Funny but true, Dean. Hahaha maybe I can make a few bucks too. 😄

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
Murph_Map

I just remembered something, a long time ago back when the forums were on the NTTP format and there was the Take 5 group one of it's members wrote an VBA routine to play music in AutoCAD. I think it even shown a playlist and users could add to it as they wanted. I forget who wrote it but it worked OK in windows 3.1 and win 95. Maybe someon can try to tackle the task with today's OS in a dot net app. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 9
GilesPhillips
in reply to: Murph_Map

I've always maintained that Autocad is the tool you can fashion into any other tool, but I've never considered music as an applicaton. 

Might have to look into that.

If you're looking for a standalone software solution, I use media monkey as a music player & library manager - given it's popularity I'm sure there's a web interface available for it as well.

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
Message 6 of 9
jggerth

Back when, I set up a Beos machine with "Be in your Stereo" as a home music server.  Looks like it's still around...  I may poke around with once again, but generally just stream folkalley.com @ home.  In the office, IT considers such things verboten.  big company attitudes..... Robot Mad

http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/entertainment/internet-network/be-in-your-stereo

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

For an update, I found a good solution for this. 

To summarize, I wanted a democratic web-based interface to choose music that will be played on a central server which plays over the building speaker system.  This is not a streaming solution from a server to individuals, but a shared playlist. 

My solution:

Download MediaMonkey 4.  It is free.  It has party mode.

Add on the MediaMonkey Web Interface 1.2.1.  It allows for a web-based interface to the MediaMonkey server.  Its party mode will allow searching and adding of songs to the end of the playlist.  Between requests, autoplays are added from the library.  It has lockout settings and other restrictions.  It is brilliant.

http://mmwi.monosolutions.dk/gb

Thanks everyone.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
jggerth

did you remember to get the public performance lisensing from the RIAA?

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jggerth

@jggerth wrote:

did you remember to get the public performance lisensing from the RIAA?

Smiley LOL

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report