Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plotter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thombrady
969 Views, 4 Replies

New Plotter

Anybody,

We are getting a brand new plotter & wonder if anyone has any experiences as what is the best to buy? We have an HP now that has been dependable (although slow) for over 10 years. Thanks in advance for the input.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: thombrady

What features do you need?

Message 3 of 5
thombrady

We would like Color Scan to PDF, Plot obviously, "E" size drawings, network & copy.

Message 4 of 5
lesleys

I eventually managed to get out old HP designjet 500 replaced the middle of last year. We bought an

HP Designjet T2300

Much faster than the old one.

It works of our network so once the drivers are installed anyone can use it.

Scans to colour up to size A0, this can be to a memory stick that plugs in the front or to a dedicated network folder. That does need to be set you in advance.

As well as scanning it also "copies" so if you have a hand marked drawing & want to sent it out you can.

Uses two rolls of paper - A1 & A0

You can if you wish set up a piece of software on your PC that will tell you who has used it etc & if you enter the right info & need to charge per copy works it out with the paper & ink.

So far we are really happy with it, it can be a little picky when loading the paper but that is the only negative so far & its just getting the knack of it.

Would I recommend it yes & generally easy to use.

Message 5 of 5
Drafter1981

Sounds like the post we asked about a few weeks ago: Wide or Large Format Printer and Scanner Recommendation

I've received a few recomendations on the same post that I had listed in LinkedIn under the AUGI page

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report