Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's AU time again!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Light_Guy
514 Views, 3 Replies

It's AU time again!

With the posting of fees for AU 2013, the time has come, once again, to begin the White Paper on why we should attend AU - or rather, why should my boss spend money to send us to FABULOUS LAS VEGAS! It looks like this year will be an even tougher sale than last year. I have to start early so that approval comes in relatively close to the opening of early registration. It seems to get lost in oblivion once it goes back to his office.

So, I need some good buzz words, helpful hints, etc to add to my paper. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Light_Guy

On your knees, begging, is a good start and almost never fails 🙂

What's your role in your office as far as AutoCAD is concerned? Your experience level? version you use now? Some background about you will give others better 'buzz word' ideas to share.
Message 3 of 4
Light_Guy

I would say that was too funny Dean, but sadly it's true and already on my list!!

I am the AutoCAD Coordinator (aka CAD Manager) for my department. I have been working with ACAD since release 10 and am currently working with Factory Design Suite 2014. This will be my 7th AU and yet I am still asking for help. We are currently working towards incorporating Reality Capture and 3D modeling into our regular design work.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 4 of 4
jaybear

In 25 years of AutoCAD work, I have never been to AU. I've never been able to convince an employer to send me.  In fact, I've never worked anywhere that ever sent someone to AU.  It must be a steel fabrication thing.

I don't have any trouble getting money for computer or software upgrades or for training; but, when they hear "Vegas", I think they stop taking it seriously.  Maybe if it was in Akron...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report