Participating in the forums here at Autodesk.com isn’t just about getting your questions answered; we want your experience here to be one that keeps you coming back to connect with your industry peers and fellow Autodesk software users. To do that, we need to provide the tools and knowledge so you can make your time here effective and enjoyable. Consider this thread a resource intended to help you do just that.
First things first, we encourage you to register for an account if you think you’ll be visiting more than once. That way you can personalize how you see and interact with the forums. Once you’ve registered, you can change features like display text size, post layout, and how much of your information is visible to other users.
Adjusting Your Display Preferences
To set the preferences for how the forums will appear once you’re logged in:
- Log into your account and click on “My Settings” toward the top right-hand side of the page.
- Click on the “Preferences” tab to see the many preference options you can adjust.
- Click “Display” to adjust the settings for the way posts are displayed, which emoticons you’d like to use, text size, and more.
Choosing an Avatar
Avatars aren’t for everyone, but if you’d like to attach an image to your account, the process is simple.
- Once you're logged in, click on "My Settings" then on the "Avatar" tab.
- Select from a wide variety of pre-created 3D avatar options or upload your own image.
- Once you've reached the "Active Contributor" ranking in the forums you'll be able to upload your own image, so get posting!
Letting People Know Who You Are
You can provide as little or as much information about yourself as you’d like by editing your profile page.
- Log in and click on "My Settings" to be taken to the "Personal Profile" tab.
- The “Personal Profile” tab is where you can add information like a short biography and a link to your website.
- Make sure to click “Save” before leaving the tab to save your updates.
- To adjust who is able to view this information, click over to the “Preferences” tab, then click the “Privacy” option. (FYI: The default setting shows your information to no one.)
To change how often you receive email notifications for posts you’ve subscribed to:
- Once you've logged in and gone into your settings options, click the “Subscriptions and Bookmarks” tab.
- In this section, adjust how often you receive notification emails for the threads you've subscribed to, how much information the email contains, and more.
- Under this tab you can also find (and manage) a library of threads you’ve bookmarked and topics you’ve subscribed to.
These are just a few ways you can customize your Autodesk forums experience. Please don't hesitate to ask questions as you get started. We're here to help!