Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the world moving

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Ray_Feiler
523 Views, 11 Replies

Get the world moving

I just notice that Autodesk is currently ranked 47 in the world at https://www.gettheworldmoving.com/home

Way to go Autodesk! Smiley Very Happy

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Seems to be a fun place to work at too: full time staff get to earn 6-week annual sabbaticals too (aka real vacations).
Message 3 of 12

I'm pretty jealous of those sabbaticals...

I had to cash in my vacation bank when I quit my old job last year and this year? Well, between AU and the AutoCAD launch and the AUGI Board meetings... that leaves exactly 2 days for vacation. ~sighs~ Just used those up when my MIL arrived in town.

Family from both sides of the pond are planning a Disney World trip next year... I might have to end up working remotely for that. lol.

No real complaints, we get other perks. Onsite drycleaning and a masseusse, covered (free) parking, farmer's market deliveries, great interest rates on our bank accounts, onsite gym (also free), etc...

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 4 of 12

I get 42 days off a year between vacation Holidays and sick time..Right now I think I have about 240 hrs of vacation left... Will have to put in for an on site masseuse...I'm sure it wont be approved though...too many people here are avoiding human contact... About the best I could hope for would be for one of the engineers to build a robotic hand ala Howard Wallowitz ...
Message 5 of 12

ROFLMAO... classic episode.
I am not a fan of people I don't know touching me... but, it's the same therapist every time, so, I'm getting more comfortable with him. I LOVE a massage. I am trying to start a petition to get someone here for pedicure, too... 😉

I get 15 days off here, plus market holidays (I work for a bank/stockbroker). After 3 years, I get a couple more days, though, and it's calendar years, so I'm in my 2nd one already.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 6 of 12

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:
I get 15 days off here, plus market holidays (I work for a bank/stockbroker). After 3 years, I get a couple more days, though, and it's calendar years, so I'm in my 2nd one already.

I get 8 hours of vacation every pay period (two weeks) and 4 hours of sick time. So that adds up to 26 vacation days and 13 sick days a year. The sick days carry over and add up where as the vacation days are limited to 30 days a year. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 12
riff62
in reply to: Murph_Map

That's pretty sweet..do you get holidays on top of that?...when I am here for a certain amount of time vacation and sick time start accruing faster..similar to yours I think..I can hold up to 6 weeks of vacation time but sick time is limited to like 15, so if you don't use it, it drops off..there's no way I could take 6 weeks off in a row...lol...my boss would have a fit...
Message 8 of 12
jggerth
in reply to: Murph_Map

doe the vacation continue to accrue while you're on vacation?  I could enjoy taking taking 5 weeks off, and having another couple of days added in while i was out and about...

Message 9 of 12
riff62
in reply to: jggerth

Well, they are paid weeks off, so I assume it would accrue...If I took 5 weeks off (yeah, right!), I would get an extra 2.5 to 3 days as it stands now...when it starts to accumulate faster, I could take 5 weeks off and have an extra 6 to 8 days vacation already when I got back..if I still had a job that is..hehe..
Message 10 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: riff62

@riff62 wrote:
That's pretty sweet..do you get holidays on top of that?...when I am here for a certain amount of time vacation and sick time start accruing faster..similar to yours I think..I can hold up to 6 weeks of vacation time but sick time is limited to like 15, so if you don't use it, it drops off..there's no way I could take 6 weeks off in a row...lol...my boss would have a fit...

Yes every federal holiday then during turkey day we get the day after off as well and at santa time get an extra day as well (depending on the president or the white house as to when they tell us what day.) 

Murph
Message 11 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: jggerth

@jggerth wrote:

doe the vacation continue to accrue while you're on vacation?  I could enjoy taking taking 5 weeks off, and having another couple of days added in while i was out and about...

Yes it accures along with the sick days. With my sick days I have over 6 months that I can take off or add it to my retirement once I decide to retire again. 

Murph
Message 12 of 12
steven-g
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

43 days here (that is holiday - no idea about sick time), but you only get to choose 6 of them, the rest are bank holidays etc, we get 2 weeks off at christmas, and the whole country shuts down for 3 weeks in the summer, plus we get double pay for the summer holiday, which is nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report