Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free autocad for US Armed Forces veterans

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
scott.livesey
13644 Views, 14 Replies

Free autocad for US Armed Forces veterans

Hi,

I am a US Navy veteran.  How do I obtain free Autocad?

Scott

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kentr8
in reply to: scott.livesey

you can get a free trial (45 days) other than that you gotta be a student in school
Message 3 of 15
Murph_Map

Free Autocad for Veterans? Was that part of the retirement benefits to replace the loss of the Cost of Living increase congress took from us retires? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 15
nestly2

There "was" such a program. I don't know if it still exists though and I'm not able to do a thorough search ATM
Message 5 of 15
Murph_Map
in reply to: nestly2

Seeing I'm a vet and now gov't employee I'll look around the gov't/vet sites and see what I can fine.

Murph
Message 6 of 15
kentr8
in reply to: Murph_Map

fine!
Message 7 of 15
Murph_Map
in reply to: kentr8

Looks like it ended in 2011 http://www.emilitary.org/article.php?aid=15228 by that page but you might want to try the Education version that the link on there takes you too.

Murph
Message 8 of 15
Murph_Map
in reply to: Murph_Map

Another thread on this topic might be of interest http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/When-will-the-Autodesk-Assistance-program-end/t...

Murph
Message 9 of 15

As a retired edycator and Retired US Army, what cn I do to get a free copy for MAC?

Message 10 of 15
lonniellogan
in reply to: lonniellogan

45 days..BFD..still don't have that kind of money.

Message 11 of 15
cerys

Sorry to hear that....

Message 12 of 15
pendean

Lots if free "AutoCAD-like" cad software out there: help yourself and start today.
Message 13 of 15
wispoxy

Usually the corps provide it to you under a student edition while in service contract, I can confirm they do it in 2 states. What state are you from?

Message 14 of 15
marine1976
in reply to: wispoxy

There are other CAD software out there for veterans. I am a veteran and have gotten other software.

This link below will take you to a web site where you can get a copy of the student version for one year

for just 20 dollars. It is not Auto CAD but the CAD software is great. I have used it for two years and its done more then

what I wanted it for. I have even gotten a job working with this software ( not the student version ).

Good luck. 

https://www.solidworks.com/militaryveteransprogram

Message 15 of 15
wispoxy
in reply to: marine1976

Thanks for sharing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report