The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 46 (1,342 Views)

Do you enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches?

1342 Views, 45 Replies
02-06-2013 04:53 AM

See picture attached, the quick and easier way: I did this version last night with one slice of American Cheese and one Slice ot Gouda. Very tasty.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 46 (1,328 Views)

Re: Do you enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches?

02-06-2013 05:09 AM in reply to: pendean

I still like grilled cheese even though we practically lived on them when we were first married. But the last few toasters we've had have grills that come in and hold the bread. So it looks like that would be messy for us.

You've given me an idea though. I might try grilled cheese on our wood stove this weekend if temperatures are cold enough to get it up to full temperature.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 46 (1,322 Views)

02-06-2013 05:33 AM in reply to: pendean

Griddled only; with soft butter that can be spread on the outside of the soon to be toast.

Slice of good Virginia salt cured ham is heaven in there. (But then its a sandwich. :smileytongue:)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 46 (1,302 Views)

02-06-2013 06:55 AM in reply to: pendean

On the griddle, with colby-jack and muenster cheeses, thick sliced bacon, and shredded parmesan on the outsides which gets nicely carmelized and crispy while cooking it.  Served with tomato soup or bisque, of course.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 46 (1,299 Views)

02-06-2013 06:57 AM in reply to: cbenner

Where's that dang double Kudos BUTTON!

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 6 of 46 (1,288 Views)

02-06-2013 07:06 AM in reply to: cbenner

Nice. We should not be talking about food so early in my a.m.!

Since we've gone a little far a field of the standard grilled cheese. I'll offer up this I got from my Mother. Called the Cheese Dread. It's probably from depression era cooking.

A slice of twice toasted bread with a slice of cheese, 2 thin slices of tomato and a slice of bacon halved. Place under the broiler until the cheese melts and the bacon sizzles. Two of those would make a dinner.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 7 of 46 (1,285 Views)

02-06-2013 07:13 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

ok,... suddenly I have the munchies, and a craving for bacon.... why is that?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
doni49
Message 8 of 46 (1,274 Views)

02-06-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

A slice of twice toasted bread with a slice of cheese, 2 thin slices of tomato and a slice of bacon halved. Place under the broiler until the cheese melts and the bacon sizzles. Two of those would make a dinner.

You toast the bread TWICE and then put it under the broiler?  It doesn't end up burnt (especially leaving it under the broiler long enough for the bacon to cook)?

I LOVE a GC sandwich with dill pickles in it (but I don't put them in while it's cooking).

I butter two slices of bread and put them both on the griddle butter side down, add a slice of cheese to each.  While that's cooking, I rough chop a small dill pickle (or part of a bigger one and eat the remainder).  Just before taking the GC off the griddle, I put the pickles in the cheese on one side and flip the other side over on the first.  YUM!

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Forum links:
AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015
AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoLISP, VB and other AutoCAD customization

Civil 3D General
Civil 3d Cusomization

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 9 of 46 (1,267 Views)

02-06-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: doni49

No. It didn't burn. The cheese back then was very greasy. You'd toast the bread on light twice so that it would be dry enough to stand up to the grease. The bacon may have been cooked before hand. It's been quite a while since I helped make them.

I also like grilled Tuna sandwiches. You fry them in Mayo!

Alumni
TBasich
Message 10 of 46 (1,273 Views)

02-06-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: doni49

Hey! I haven't had breakfast yet and I LOVE GRILLED CHEESE.

You people are torturing me! :smileytongue:

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community