Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commute to work time?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
timdown73
762 Views, 30 Replies

Commute to work time?

Mine's ~52 minutes; 15 minutes through city, the rest is all interstate.  Yours?

BTW, If you have the luxury of working from home...I hate you.  Smiley Happy

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
graemev
in reply to: cbenner

"Near misses with possums, skunks, turkeys, pheasants, quail, mice, dogs, cats, rabbits, bald eagles, and one horse."

Bears are noticeably missing from this list.  So are ninjas, but then again you wouldn't know...

Message 22 of 31
jggerth1
in reply to: graemev

@graemev wrote:

@jggerth1 wrote:

Interesting study on NPR this morning, correlating commute time with civic/political engagement.  The more time spent commuting, the less involved study participants were in either civic functions or politics.

How odd.  Time spent driving is time not spent doing something else.  Go figure.

Actually, it did seem odd to me.  Driving time is when I get my news of the day, political or otherwise, and that ups my personal engagement level.  Offhand, I think it may be a question of distance away from the home community rather than time.  My commute crosses the state line, and I find I get more exacerbated about the happenings in the work state than I do in the home state.  

Message 23 of 31
jggerth1

@graemev wrote:

"Near misses with possums, skunks, turkeys, pheasants, quail, mice, dogs, cats, rabbits, bald eagles, and one horse."

Bears are noticeably missing from this list.  So are ninjas, but then again you wouldn't know...

missing armadillos too. aka  mobile speed bumps 

Message 24 of 31
graemev
in reply to: jggerth1

I'm guessing there aren't too many armadillos in the woods.

Message 25 of 31
graemev
in reply to: timdown73

Usually half an hour combining expressways and "surface" streets.  Not so much with the weather we're having right now, of course, when jackasses decide to do 90kph in a 90kph zone right after getting 10cm of snow.  Some of said jackasses now have good access for inspecting the undersides of their vehicles.

Message 26 of 31
cbenner

There was a bear spotted along my morning commute... but so far I haven't seen it.  There are also rumors of pumas and a panther in the vicinity.  Large pigs are not unheard of, nor are wolves, coyotes, foxes and... basically you name it and if it lives in North America there is a chance of me hitting one.  Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 31
Holly_Jones

15-20 minute walk depending on how deep the snow is. -26 C (-16 F) windchill this am but the wind will be at my back on the way home. It's what I like best about my job (the walk, not the windchill).

Message 28 of 31
doni49

About 10 min or so on a normal day.  If I hit traffic, it may take 15 though.  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 29 of 31
riff62

About 30 mins for me, by bus..Parking here on campus is stupid, so you cant really drive less you have a bike..Parking is at such a premium, they charge like 700.00 a yr for the privilege..And even then you are not guaranteed a space..the bus is free..
Message 30 of 31
dgorsman
in reply to: jggerth1

Depends on how you define "engagement".  For me, its actually doing something, not a vague feeling like a head cold coming on.  For those who spend a lot of time commuting, there are higher priorities for the limited time outside of work/travel.  For those who commute far less, there is that much extra time to devote to more leisure activities.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 31 of 31
hwalker
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

There was a bear spotted along my morning commute... but so far I haven't seen it.  There are also rumors of pumas and a panther in the vicinity.  Large pigs are not unheard of, nor are wolves, coyotes, foxes and... basically you name it and if it lives in North America there is a chance of me hitting one.  Smiley LOL

Simon Cowell PLEASE!

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report