The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

Visitor
WITEAFRICAN
Message 1 of 4 (502 Views)

AutoDesk Inventor on a Tablet

502 Views, 3 Replies
12-25-2013 12:34 PM
I was looking to purchase a table soon, Microsoft Surface pro 2 128GB, and I was wondering how well Autodesk programs would run on it, more importantly Inventor. Any lags, crashes, etc. Also how well does the touch screen work with the program. If any of you guys have any suggestions about this topic or have actually run this program on the tablet please let me know your thoughts.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)

Re: AutoDesk Inventor on a Tablet

12-27-2013 05:46 AM in reply to: WITEAFRICAN
Since that is a terrible hardware platform (read the reviews on the web) and is equipped with an odd too-wide-not-tall-enough display with a mediocre video card, you'll hate it unless you're a very casual user. Very casual.
Spend more money and get a real hardware platform for your professional software.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Visitor
rory531
Message 3 of 4 (326 Views)

02-19-2014 09:35 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:
"Since that is a terrible hardware platform (read the reviews on the web) and is equipped with an odd too-wide-not-tall-enough display with a mediocre video card, you'll hate it unless you're a very casual user. Very casual."

What a horrible response. I stumbled on this post looking for experiences of people installng/using civ3d on windows 8.1 or surface pro2. If you haven't actually used the OS or the device, I'd suggest you not respond.

I'm currently running adobe photoshop and it's components on my surface pro2, and i have no problems with it. it starts faster then win7, and uses less processes. while it has the start screen(which i think the pendean is scared of), it still runs a full desktop. I am interested if anyone has actually used autodesk products on win8.1, and what there experiences have been.

*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)

03-14-2014 03:35 PM in reply to: rory531
I briefly work on a station that has 8.1 and needless to say that station was not quite big enough to handle R2014. It is one of those all-in-one computers that can be described as an "oversized tablet with feet".
There are 2 w7 station here that can handle R2014 (i7, 16G, and a good video card) that are in virtual mode to a server that has 8.1. No problems here.
Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community