Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Inventor on a Tablet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WITEAFRICAN
1115 Views, 3 Replies

AutoDesk Inventor on a Tablet

I was looking to purchase a table soon, Microsoft Surface pro 2 128GB, and I was wondering how well Autodesk programs would run on it, more importantly Inventor. Any lags, crashes, etc. Also how well does the touch screen work with the program. If any of you guys have any suggestions about this topic or have actually run this program on the tablet please let me know your thoughts.
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: WITEAFRICAN

Since that is a terrible hardware platform (read the reviews on the web) and is equipped with an odd too-wide-not-tall-enough display with a mediocre video card, you'll hate it unless you're a very casual user. Very casual.
Spend more money and get a real hardware platform for your professional software.
Message 3 of 4
rory531
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
"Since that is a terrible hardware platform (read the reviews on the web) and is equipped with an odd too-wide-not-tall-enough display with a mediocre video card, you'll hate it unless you're a very casual user. Very casual."

What a horrible response. I stumbled on this post looking for experiences of people installng/using civ3d on windows 8.1 or surface pro2. If you haven't actually used the OS or the device, I'd suggest you not respond.

I'm currently running adobe photoshop and it's components on my surface pro2, and i have no problems with it. it starts faster then win7, and uses less processes. while it has the start screen(which i think the pendean is scared of), it still runs a full desktop. I am interested if anyone has actually used autodesk products on win8.1, and what there experiences have been.

Message 4 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: rory531

I briefly work on a station that has 8.1 and needless to say that station was not quite big enough to handle R2014. It is one of those all-in-one computers that can be described as an "oversized tablet with feet".
There are 2 w7 station here that can handle R2014 (i7, 16G, and a good video card) that are in virtual mode to a server that has 8.1. No problems here.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report