The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 2 (525 Views)

AutoCAD and Subscription Only Feb 2015

525 Views, 1 Replies
01-30-2014 10:16 AM

So, we've all seen it or will hear about it soon enough from our resellers, AutoCAD is moving to a subscription-only type upgrade method. Which got me to thinking: will there be a reason why Autodesk will want to maintain the 3-year hold on DWG format changes after that? Or will they adopt the REVIT method where every annual release cannot save down to the previous version?

I don't want to think about trying to maintain multiple versions for multiple projects/clients etc.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
graemev
Message 2 of 2 (517 Views)

Re: AutoCAD and Subscription Only Feb 2015

01-30-2014 11:55 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

I don't want to think about trying to maintain multiple versions for multiple projects/clients etc.

Reminds me of:

"Don't worry.  The IT guy told me it's all safely stored on back-up disks: 12" floppies."

Some day the computer industry is going to talk to the art world about what "archive" really means.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.