Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aci_cad
447 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2015

I need to know if anyone can suggest what is a good system configuration for a computer running AutoCAD 2015 in 2D and 3D. I currently have a Dell Optiplex 990 (Windows 7 - 32 bit) with a 3 GHz processor, 4GB RAM and a FirePro V4800 graphics card. I know this is not sufficient as I have been using this computer with AutoCAD 2014 for a year. Now I need to upgrade this computer and purchase anothe computer as our Windos XP machine won't run AutoCAD 2015. I'm on a State budget so my available resources are limited, but I do need to upgrade and buy an new machine (since it's a State contract it will have to be a HP or Dell). Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: aci_cad

Call Dell, speak with a rep, they will help configure your system for you. Come back here with that info if you want a second opinion
Message 3 of 3
jimmcf3000
in reply to: aci_cad

I have had great luck with Dell Precisions over the years. They are a bit pricey compared to the Optiplex. I dropped close to 9,000 dollars (it listed for over 13,000) on the fastest system I could buy 4 years ago. We do not browse the internet with this system and therefore have kept the "junk" off the computer. It is stictly for CAD and 3D Modeling (AutoCAD, Revit ,Max) and is still extermely fast and handles large models with ease....Good luck.

-Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report