I recently upgraded to revit 2013. But the app on launching used to crash. causing the application to close.
I have found out that microsoft's update created this stuff (on windows 7), it came to my notice that microsoft's Internet Explorer 10 caused this.
So i just removed out the IE10 update and it worked fine with me.
Sharing this knowledge as people are not aware of the microsoft's auto update.
Would request AutoDesk team too to provide a patch in this case so that even if the microsoft internet explorer 10 exists the APplication would run.
Turning off the Autoupdate feature is Windows is a good thing to do.
Thanks for the additional heads up.
And it is difficult for any software company to keep up with all of Microsofts foibles.