Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Musicians Out There?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
CoreyDaun
2098 Views, 40 Replies

Any Musicians Out There?

I wouldn't refer to myself as a "musician", exactly, as I don't think I'm at a high enough skill level.

I can play/am learning: Guitar, Piano, Harmonica

I own a few guitars, one being a 12-String, and another being a Goya classical guitar from the 1940's (I believe).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
TBasich
in reply to: CoreyDaun

"Musician" is relative, I guess.

I sing. I was accepted into college for vocal performance (long story as to why I didn't follow that road). I've played classical guitar since I was 8, though I don't play often anymore.

My guitar is one of my favorite possessions, even if I don't pick it up much right now. Collectively, my dad and I own five or six guitars. Smiley Happy

Next up? BANJO!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 41
cbenner

I sing, and I own a couple of guitars.  Daughter and I started taking lessons a few years back and go to busy with life to keep going.  With her going off to college this fall, I may get  back into it.  One is a stratocaster knock-off electric, and the other is an electric acoustic.  Back in my younger years I was known to (try to) write a song or two.

I sing choral music at church, my range is technically baritone, but I can hit most of the bass thru tenor range.  Most of the singing I do is in the car on the way home from work, where I can belt out rock and roll with no one telling me to shut up!  On a good day I can sing along passingly well with Brad Delp of Boston.  Always been tempted to try out for America's Got Talent... not sure I have to guts for it though.

Message 4 of 41
pendean

In the Shower I think I'm Caruso (wife disagrees).

In the Garage I think I'm the next James Cotton (dogs in the 'hood like to join in by howling).

Critics 🙂

Message 5 of 41
asommer

Rockin the Electric Guitar, some acoustic.  AC/DC, mostly.  Some blues riffs & lead.  I play too hard, have to re-tune every other song.  The Electric guitar is the HOT ROD of music instruments.  I made my own guitar with a 1x3 pine, shish-kabob skewers and some cheap tuners.  I take it camping so it doesn't use much room.

If i didn't play guitar, i'd play piano.

Message 6 of 41
loboarch

I am personally not a musician, but my wife is.  In fact she runs a personal bussiness as an "entertainer"  She does sing-a-longs at different nursing homes in the area.  She usually take a piano/keyboard but sometimes she will take a guitar, a ukelele, a mandolin, and a harp.  She ends up with about 10-15 "shows" a month.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 41

Just a wanna-be here.

I used to sing with a church group when I was a teenager. Did you know there was Christian Rap and Hip-Hop? Well, now you know. Hehehe... we did some of the Sister Act stuff, too, that was pretty popular when I was a kid.

Always backup, though, no solos. My husband isn't a fan of my vocal displays, though, so now I just usually keep it to the car and shower. I think I've got a pretty narrow range... those of you who have met me can tell I'm not a soprano, lol.

I do own a guitar (which I've always played right-handed 😉 ), but, I didn't have very many lessons when I got it (back in college... the first time around).

Since I've finally finished my degree and the kids are old enough to not need me constantly, I told my husband I'd like to pick back up on it, and, he's all for getting me out of the house more 😉 , he's even found me an instructor. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Didn't Robert Green do a poll a couple years ago about how many CAD Mangler types are musicians? Seems like there's a lot out there.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 8 of 41
smbrennan

So far, it appears that I'm the first drummer! Only 27 years only and been playing drums since I was 10. It's more of a hobby than anything. I never played in a band with friends, but always enjoy rocking out to some of my favorite bands.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 9 of 41
Charles_Shade
in reply to: smbrennan

Steering-wheel-air-guitar is about as musical as I can get.

Message 10 of 41
bgingerich

Yeah, buddy!  Piano and any bass/baritone parts!!  Currently working on this song, but my dream is Gershwin's Rapsody.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 11 of 41
CADiva

I play the piano with our church music team 1-3 times a month.  The youth finally found another keyboard player for their Sunday leading music, so I may get to back off a bit again. I don't typically sing while I play 'cause it's hard enough to keep up playing, but occasionally I will prepare a solo to throw in my offertory selection.  As long as I can play what I'm singing, I generally stay on key.

I have played the oboe for 5 years growing up, but didn't end up sticking with it.  I also played alto and tenor sax a bit about the same time.  I still have an oboe, but it hasn't seen the light of day in many years.

Message 12 of 41

Excuse me, young lady... ~makes shooing motion~ Get back over there where you belong!!! Smiley Very Happy

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 13 of 41

Hey! She can post anywhere she wants to - she's a big girl and can make these decision on her own!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 14 of 41

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:

Excuse me, young lady... ~makes shooing motion~ Get back over there where you belong!!! Smiley Very Happy

Says who?  I's a big girl! Cat LOL

Message 15 of 41

Smiley Sad I went there, and there were no new posts... it was awful!!! ~sniff~

Smiley LOL

Melanie Stone
Message 16 of 41
Electrik

I started life as a drummer, gigged 100 dates/year for a bit, while doing this CAD thing 40-50 hours/week.

Now, my 6 guitars and 2 basses entertain me. The oddballs? A Kramer Ferrington, and a BC Rich Bich 10-string. Not many people are familiar with those.

Inventor Professional 2021
Vault Professional 2021
Message 17 of 41
asommer
in reply to: CADiva

Those who have and play a guitar tend to have more than one.

Message 18 of 41
Joe-Bouza

About   10 guitars with myy prized custom Martin M38 with Koa back and sides, torch inlay, butterbean tuners, ibony finger   board with style inlays Its a hunny

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 19 of 41
w_davis

I play:

Piano

Guitar (I own 4) including a 1942 Epiphone Triumph and 1926 Supertone (both archtops)

Ukulele

Mandolin

Cello

Viola

Violin

Trumpet

Baritone

Harmonica

Ocarina

Sing

Drums

I am in 5 string groups, 1 bell choir, and 4 choirs

Message 20 of 41
cbenner
in reply to: w_davis

@w_davis wrote:

I play:

Piano

Guitar (I own 4) including a 1942 Epiphone Triumph and 1926 Supertone (both archtops)

Ukulele

Mandolin

Cello

Viola

Violin

Trumpet

Baritone

Harmonica

Ocarina

Sing

Drums

I am in 5 string groups, 1 bell choir, and 4 choirs

and you have time for CAD?  Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report