Technical Art
Technical Art as a discipline has grown from the crafting of simple scripts in Max or Maya to the creation of full art processing pipelines. Now technical artists are expected to create data translators, procedural art generation tools, code shaders, and maintain data archives, among other things. This forum is a place where technical artists can meet to discuss any and all issues, ideas, or insights they might have so that others can help and learn from them.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better for game art? Maya or 3DS Max?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
447 Views, 2 Replies

Which is better for game art? Maya or 3DS Max?

As a beginner in game art design and modeling, I am torn between Max and Maya. Search engines on the subject all come up with even answers. Being this is an actual Autodesk forum, maybe some of you experts can advise me which direction to take. I have both 3DS Max 2011 and Maya 2011. I have tried both to a limited extent and haven't gone deep enough into either one to make a clear decision on the matter.

Any thoughts are appreciated...

ACE
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
paulneale
in reply to: Anonymous

Learn one and go with it. Max traditionally has been used more in games and Maya more in film but the lines are being blurred more and more all the time. There are any games houses that are using both in production.
Paul Neale

http://paulneale.com

Paul Neale

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

try Softimage

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report