Technical Art
Technical Art as a discipline has grown from the crafting of simple scripts in Max or Maya to the creation of full art processing pipelines. Now technical artists are expected to create data translators, procedural art generation tools, code shaders, and maintain data archives, among other things. This forum is a place where technical artists can meet to discuss any and all issues, ideas, or insights they might have so that others can help and learn from them.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Source Maxscript and plugin repo on sourceforge.net: Call for interest

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
719 Views, 2 Replies

Open Source Maxscript and plugin repo on sourceforge.net: Call for interest

Hi all,

For the last couple of years I've been using SVN for source control of all my scripts and plugins for Max. This has worked out pretty well for me since it:
A. Obviously gives me source control over my scripts etc, and
B. Makes it very easy to distribute all of my scripts and plugins to everyone in my company.

Everyone has all the files checked out into their Max folders, so all they have to do is exit Max, do an SVN update and restart Max and they have the latest everything with the option to revert any files back to previous versions f they need to.

So this has got me thinking that there is no global open source collection of plugins, functions, tools etc for Max. Sure there are plenty of maxscript extension plugins and thousands of scripts but they are all over the place and there is very little code reuse. What we need is a global store where all developers can contribute their ideas, ie a sourceforge project. Now this would be more for low level stuff like plugins, maxscript extensions, maxscript functions etc rather than specific tools.

For example I've written functions to write the values of all rollout controls to an INI file and then be able to load them back in.

What does everyone think?

G
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are some resources going up in the tech-artists.org wiki, might be worth a look.
http://tech-artists.org/wiki/Category:MaxScript
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am new to script writing and coding to games could u explain me how is works

=================

ruthordhenley

Auto Auctions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report