Technical Art
Technical Art as a discipline has grown from the crafting of simple scripts in Max or Maya to the creation of full art processing pipelines. Now technical artists are expected to create data translators, procedural art generation tools, code shaders, and maintain data archives, among other things. This forum is a place where technical artists can meet to discuss any and all issues, ideas, or insights they might have so that others can help and learn from them.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO maps in multiple UV tiles.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mmmm_soup
608 Views, 1 Reply

AO maps in multiple UV tiles.

Hi,
The project I'm working on currently may require an occlusion pass. The model will be rendered in hd, so I had to use 4 uv spaces that will be 4k each. I have finished sculpting the model in mudbox and is currently about 17 million polygons. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can create a hires ao pass without using the ao in mudbox. I have tried xnormal, but it doesn't seem to support multiple uv tiles. Any help would be great.
Cheers,
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Curley
in reply to: mmmm_soup

You do know there's a whole section on this site for Mudbox questions?

Look there, then come back and tell us which forum you want this thread moving to. Please do NOT just duplicate the thread as that is against the rules.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report