Suggestions
Share your thoughts and talk about topics which you feel would improve production workflows.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the images planes are so problematic in Mud 2015?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sergimen2001
623 Views, 1 Reply

Why the images planes are so problematic in Mud 2015?

I was started using Mudbox 2015, and there are very good new things like the retopolgy,(still need to be improved,but I could obtain very good models from Cubes or another primitives).

But the most annoying for me is the chage in the handle of the image plane for reference use...

why the scale command was divided in 3 lockers,(for scale x,y,and z I think so)...Is imposible scale correctly and with no distort any image plane for reference...Is a really riddle for guess the correct value un the Y locker (always difers of the X and Z lockers that always are with 1 value).

Sincerelly was very poor...is necessary to improve this with the posibility of scale the image plane in the viewport while the E key is pressed...

I hope this kind of errors in the interface can be solved better...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi! Love your speed scuplt videos by the way.

Please report these types of issues you have by using Mudbox's built in reporting structure: Help -> Suggest a Feature -> Small Annoying Things to Fix...

Or simply go here: http://mudboxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/158884

I agree the Scale setup for Image planes is a little odd. I don't even know why we need Z scale, since an image plane has no 3rd dimension to scale. 🙂 I can see why there would be two separate values for X & Y, but it might be nice to have a toggle locking feature that locks the two values together.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report