Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual screen layout

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Leendert68
8475 Views, 5 Replies

Dual screen layout

One of the first things I noticed after installing the demo is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get a full dual screen/monitor setup in Maya, while this was included in Softimage "out of the box". I found a third-party script that addresses this problem and it might well just be that I am overlooking something, but a clear way to setup a dual screen layout would be a definite plus in my book.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sonictk
in reply to: Leendert68

Hi Leendert: You can tear off panels and windows, and save those window layouts as well. (Window > Saved layouts) Viewports can also be placed on secondary monitors and those locations saved in this manner as well. Is there something that you are specifically looking for that cannot be handled in this manner?
Message 3 of 6
Leendert68
in reply to: sonictk

Yes, I did notice that, but I find that a bit messy, considering the simplicity and elegance of a fixed, tabbed solution Softimage offers.

Message 4 of 6
sonictk

Actually XSI has crappy dual monitor support for me (since I never have two monitors of the same size 😛 and XSI refuses to launch fullsize on non-primary monitors) but I run ultramon scripts to handle this.

You can try setting your windowPrefs.mel to launch Maya with a custom window resolution, if you want to make use of all your screen estate. But yea, I don't recall any such way to do dual-screen OOTB.

Message 5 of 6
Leendert68
in reply to: sonictk

True, I always use two monitors of exactly the same size. And with such a setup I never had any problems...

This is the workaround  for Maya I found so far: http://tinyurl.com/qbce7h5

Message 6 of 6
AlanEddie

Hi there, it doesn't seem to remember say Outliner (When I save a layout.)when it's placed on the other monitor, just seems to remember the views, where the 4 view is?

So I can't have hypergraph etc on my other monitor ? 

Thanks.

Alan Eddie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report