Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation improvements

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sonictk
285 Views, 0 Replies

Animation improvements

I've got a lot of requests for Maya in general, but I'll limit it to animation for now since I am an animator 😄 I'll cover the others in new posts and try to catergorize them when I get the time.

- Fix the Trax Editor so that it doesn't rely on character key sets because no one uses those and half the time they don't work, and especially when referenced. Seriously, look at XSI's Mixer and Actions/Sources workflow for this as far as ease of use goes.

- Fix the Camera Sequencer so I can lock it to just update one viewport, for the love of God. Also fix the UI to handle Cycle/Hold/Extend clips properly, please.

- Motion trail tool: please fix it to be actually useful (ie. update faster). It's embarrassing that the one Taro made for XSI performs SO MUCH FASTER than Maya's.

- Alt playback frame rate scrub: How is this not in Maya yet?! It's literally flipping and rolling, every animator loves this!

- HLE curve editing/region edting/soft selection editing of fcurves: Everyone who I've shown this feature in XSI to has asked what the hell magic software I'm using. - a Reset Xform/Rot/Trans/Scl UI command. Instead of having me script my own, yea?

- Please fix the dope sheet so it doesn't lag when I playback. Also please fix the dope sheet so I can move keyframes across a whole shot. without going to make dinner, eat and clean up, and then come back to see that it STILL isn't done.

Seriously, if you guys want a good idea of what needs to be fixed animation-wise, ask any of the Animation Mentor students to do animation in XSI, and then do it in Maya. You'll know instantly what you should port over 😄 Hope this is useful!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report