Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is pressure at V/P switchover

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chooseanotherid
8248 Views, 6 Replies

what is pressure at V/P switchover

Hi guys,

I am a student who is studying with Mold flow 2010. During my using this software, I find difficult to distinguish between pressure at V/P switchover result and pressure result, can you help me?

Another problem is that in pressure at V/P switchover result, the composite did not fill completely all my object. Then what is problem and how to solve it. You can see the picture below to know more

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

V/P switchover is the transition from the filling stage to the packing stage during injection cycle.
Various switch-over methods can be used. For example, fill-to-pack switchover can be initiated when the injection time or pressure reaches a specified value, when a specified percentage of the volume is filled, or when other conditions are met.

In the image above you attached it shows the pressure at this transition. There is no problem with filling. For filling you need to see Fill Time plot result.

Please go through the Help to know more:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-21297F8A-3758-46F0-AD59-DF9407C6ABA0

Regards,
Mayur
Message 3 of 7

Then it means that I can set the value of injection time or injection pressure to make the edge of 5 blades full of color? And can you explain clearly about this area? 

Message 4 of 7
KaindlJ
in reply to: chooseanotherid

You do not want the part to be 100% filled at v/p switchover as it is bad for the molding machine and the quality of your finished product. The best analogy I can think of is driving a car to your house - Velocity control is like driving on a highway, full speed until you get to your house.  You then don't go 70 MPH into your garage and hope to stop before you hit the wall. Instead, you would slow down to maintain a speed that allows you to park accurately in the correct area, or use pressure control (or holding). Just like this analogy, it would be bad to bottom out the screw or suddenly jerk it to a stop from full velocity. This also maintains consistency for the packing of your part so certain ones aren't over packed while others are short shots based on lot-to-lot variations in materials.

Message 5 of 7

Nice comparison, KaindlJ

Can I understand that it is momentary status? Then why does moldflow announced that the pressure of these areas are 0 instead of not display pressure there?

Message 6 of 7
KaindlJ
in reply to: chooseanotherid

Hi

I'm not sure what you're asking, according to your picture 4 of the fan blades have areas that are not filled, and the 0 areas are at the end of the flow front where you would expect them to be. That picture looks OK to me, except that the blade that is completely filled will be overpacked at the end of the pack + hold phase since it filled faster than the other 4. Ideally the flow front would reach the end of all 5 at the exact same time.

Message 7 of 7

Maybe I got it.

Thank all of you guy. Nice forum and Nice to see you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report